Sunday, October 8, 2017

Finished!



Boat at Fort Mason, oil on panel, 9x12 inches

Moving up to a slightly bigger size panel, I wanted to see if I could use what I learned with the smaller paintings and apply it here.  And it was a success!  The main thing I was focused on was staying as loose as possible, not getting too detail oriented and "tight."  I wanted to make sure that the boat was the focal point so I tried to organize my values to let the boat sort of pop.
What drew me to this image was really the warm yellows that were all through the image, reflected off the water from the building, and how the sun made the boat shine.  I wanted to show the warmth of the setting sun, and the have the feel of serenity as one might have sitting by the dock of the bay.  Watching the time roll away.

No comments:

Post a Comment