Monday, November 27, 2017

Bunny on Pink Ground


Bunny on Pink Ground, oil on panel, 6x6 inches



I love this crystal bunny.  This crystal bunny is really like an inch tall, and has been sitting on the shelf in my parents house my entire life.  It actually only has one ear, and that's because of me.  I broke it as a little kid, and I got in so much trouble.  I really love the simple shapes of light it creates when light passes through it at certain angles, and I thought it'd be a really interesting thing to paint!  So I'm painting it!  Got a problem wi'that?  Wanna fight about it?

I've painted this bunny a few times before already, and I loved the results.  I was painting them at 4x4 inches, which was pretty small, so I figured I could stand to go a little bigger.  Here are a couple examples of the first passes...





No comments:

Post a Comment