Sunday, August 27, 2017

I HAVE MY OWN WEBSITE! And Baby Crystal Ducks

It's been a crazy couple of days!  Since I started this blog, I also joined the Daily Paintworks website, so I can start to show and auction my work online, I attached a paypal account to it, and bought my own domain name, so...  I HAVE MY OWN WEBSITE!  You can take a look here
I've decided to get into the "daily painting" movement and create at least a painting a day, and post them as I go (on this blog and on my website).  So it won't look like I have too much work in the beginning, but as I go, it will grow!

Here is the first daily painting :)  It is on a 6x6 inch panel (Masonite panel I've cut and gessoed).  I really love crystal animals.  Many know the ones that Swarovski makes, and these are a couple of baby duck crystals that I found.
This was a fun exercise!  I am trying to give myself a time limit to stop me from fussing with too much detail (as I tend to do) and try to make more finishing marks with as few strokes as possible.  For my first attempt, I was pleased with the result, but I know there's a lot of room for improvement (which is also encouraging!).

And remember...
"Paint as you like and die happy."  -Henry Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment