Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Yesterday I didn't get a change to do a painting.  Instead I got caught up starting a really good book on composition!   It's called Composing Pictures by Donald W. Graham.  It's a dense book, but a comprehensive educational tool for the topic of composing a picture.  It was recommended to me by a fellow artist (and now my studio mate) Hiroshi Sato (<whose work you can check out here).  I hope to finish the book asap, though it is a pretty large book, so I can apply the information to my painting.
Just came in the mail!

In other news, I ordered a small variety of brushes to test out.  I have been using the Robert Simmons Signet brushes which have a nice, soft bristle they use.  Since I have been using a hard panel, I thought I would try the Robert Simmons White Sable brushes out.  They are labeled as watercolor brushes, but are perfectly good for oil painting.  I have a few of them already, but only a couple size 4 filberts, so I wanted to get a few more to try for my daily paintings, and I'm excited to use them!  Also, since I am reading Carol Marine's Daily Painting book, she mentions she really loves the Silver Bristlon Synthetic Brushes, so I thought I would get just one and see how it felt.  The bristle hairs are nice and soft!  So I'm curious to see how they perform.  

Thanks for reading and remember...
"Paint as you like and die happy."  -Henry Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment