Tuesday, August 29, 2017


Pau Family Portrait    oil on canvas, 20x20in 2017

So, other than being a painter, I also am a part time tennis drill instructor.  I've been working with a couple of great kids in particular for the past 5-6 years.  They have all become like family to me, and recently Will, their dad, asked to commission me for a family portrait!  But not just any family portrait.  He was hoping to have their family's Chinese zodiac animals in an environment that was like a Chinese landscape painting.  Will (dad) is the year of the ram, Carol (mom) the year of the pig, Kristine (daughter) the rabbit, Justin (son) a dragon, and they even wanted their dog, Snowy, in there.  I've been working on this painting for the past few weeks, and finally finished it recently and was able to give it to the happy family Sunday night, just in time for Will's 50th birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment