Thursday, September 7, 2017

Blue Gold and Red



Blue, Gold, and Red, oil on panel, 6x6 inches


Quick still life today. Thought I would compose the colors and I was really happy with the result.  Though, I have a tough time working within a short time frame.  I didn't stick to my time limit because it was not going to look finished at all.  So, I think I need to commit to a time limit next time and really try to have it finished by that time.  
Oh and I thought I would try these Ampersand gesso panels, and I really am liking them!  They are smooth and consistent.  The first time I used it was weird because I wasn't used to the smoothness.  The panels I gessoed for myself all had a bit of a rough texture, but I was thinking it might end up damaging my delicate brushes, so these Ampersand ones are a nice change up, and I think I will stick with them for a while, and also experiment with other surfaces when I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment