Saturday, September 30, 2017

Weekend Painting with the Plein Air Buds



Kim Painting on the Rocks, oil on panel, 9x12 inches

Went to Treasure Island this morning bright and early to get some outdoor painting in with the Plein Air Buds!  These are a group of friends that organize painting outings.  They even have their own Instagram @pleinairbuds.  My buddy Franklin Lei (another skilled painter to check out) invited me to paint with them, and it's a great way to get outside and paint in a totally different way and environment than when you're painting in the studio or at home.

I was lucky, the very talented Kim Herbst set up to paint close to the water right in the middle of these big rocks, which gave me plenty of time to paint her while she was painting.  It was too tempting the way the sun was hitting her and the rocks surrounding.  I was happy with the way this painting came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment